Section 609 EPA Certification for Motor Vehicles
Technicians who service motor vehicle air conditioning must be certified. Servicing motor vehicle air conditioning includes repairs, leak testing, and topping off of air conditioning
systems low on refrigerant as well as any other repair to the vehicle which requires dismantling any part of the air conditioner.
The Section 609 Motor Vehicle Air Conditioning Exam is an open book test. The test packet contains the preparatory manual, exam, answer sheet and return envelope.
- Required to service motor vehicle A/C systems
- Required to purchase small containers (under 20lbs) of regulated refrigerants
- Open book mail in format
- Chosen by Robinair, White and many other equipment manufactures
Persons who pass the open book exam are awarded a Wallet ID card and wall certificate upon completion. A score of 84% correct (42 correct out of 50 questions) is required
to pass the exam.
- The open book exam packet carries is $20.00 per exam packet.
- Additionally, the exam may be administered online for instant results. Proctors login prior to testing to track the results of your students.
- The EPA Section 609 MVAC Exam Certification packet is available in English or Spanish.
If you prefer to take the test on paper, order a test packet.
Training manual & exam
Item # 609PPD
To order by phone, call 800-726-9696.
Take the Open-Book exam online now and receive your results instantly.
Take the test ...
To learn more about the modular training package, contact ESCO Institute toll free at 1(800)726-9696.
Special Proctor Pricing
Proctors may log in here for special pricing.